Denon Pro DN-508MXA - Frequently Asked Questions
The DN-508MX and 508MXA Zone Mixers are refreshingly uncomplicated, high-performance solutions for controlling and routing up to eight audio sources in multi-room venues. The 508MXA has onboard zone amplification for added flexibility when configuring a specific system with different requirements. This article walks through a number of frequently asked questions about the Denon DN-508MXA.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the default password?
- How do I locate the IP address?
- How do I access the DN-508MXA Web interface?
- How do I lock the web interface?
- How do I manage the zones?
- Can the DN-508MXA be controlled remotely?
- What connections are available on this unit?
- How do I perform a factory reset?
- What are the dimensions and how much does it weigh?
- What is the power output of the speaker outs?
- Where can I get further technical support?
The default password to unlock the DN-508MX is: adminpwd
With the DN-508MXA connected to a network switch or router, use the Menu button and the Volume/Sel knob to do the following:
- Press Menu.
- To allow the unit to choose an IP address automatically, select System >Ethernet >IP Address, and finally Auto (you may have to enter the administrator password).
- Set Auto to On, and select Yes when asked if you want to apply the change.
- Navigate back to the IP Address screen. It will now display a 12-digit IP address.
Follow the steps above to obtain the DN-508MXA IP address.
Once you find the IP address, enter it directly into your web browser to access the DN-508MX interface.
To lock the web interface, click on the Settings button at the top of the interface. Then click the lock icon at the top of the page to lock or unlock the settings. When locked, you cannot edit any of the settings. This is helpful to prevent any accidental changes to the overall operation.
To select a zone:
Press the desired output selector. The currently selected one will be lit amber. The source selectors of any audio sources that are assigned to that zone will light up amber, as well.
To assign or unassign an audio source to a zone:
Select the zone and then press the desired source selectors. The source selectors for currently assigned audio sources will be lit amber.
To set the volume level of a zone:
Select the zone and then turn the Volume/Sel knob.
Yes! With the DN-508MXA, you have full remote control using the web interface (TCP/IP), RS-232, and RS-422 controllers.
On the DN-508MXA there are a number of different input and output connections:
(2) 5-pin Euroblock inputs (2 hot, 2 cold, 1 ground)
(2) 4-pin Euroblock inputs (1 hot, 1 cold, 1 ground, 1 page switch)
(4) 3-pin Euroblock inputs (1 hot, 1 cold, 1 ground)
(1) stereo RCA auxiliary input
(1) stereo 1/8” (3.5 mm) auxiliary input
(4) stereo RCA ST inputs
(4) 5-pin Euroblock outputs (2 hot, 2 cold, 1 ground)
(5) 2-pin Euroblock outputs (1 positive, 1 negative)
(1) LAN port
(1) RJ-45, RS-422
(1) 9-pin D-Sub female connector, RS-232C
(1) 9-pin D-Sub male connector, RS-232C
(1) IEC power input
To do a factory reset on the DN-508MXA, push in and hold the MUTE/BACK button and VOLUME/SELECT knob while powering on the unit.
The DN-508MXA weighs about 23.6lbs(10.7kg) and the dimensions are 19.0 x 16.3 x 3.5” (483 x 415 x 88mm) (W x D x H - including rack ears).
Whether operating at 8 ohm or 4 ohm, the output is 120W. The internal gain is modified when using 8 ohm or 4 ohm to maintain the 120W output. The max output level is 240W, but it is divided to ZONE1/2 and ZONE 3/4 resulting in a constant 120W with any Zone BTL
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a Denon Professional product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Denon Professional technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: phone support, email support.