Tue, November 06, 2018
Industrial Design Team Leader
Overview of Job Functions:
inMusic is a family of leading music technology and consumer electronics brands. Through collaboration and innovation, every inMusic brand has the unique ability to respond dynamically to the demands of its customers, delivering the latest advancements in engineering, design, and technology in DJ, Music Production, Pro Audio, Consumer Audio, Musical Instrument, and Consumer Electronics industries.
Our design studio is growing. This Industrial Designer will contribute to the aesthetic and ergonomic development of our products, which will directly reflect on look/feel and user experience of the product. This person will be working directly with our engineers, product teams, and management to explore, innovate, and execute world-class products. The ideal candidate should have a strong sense of proportions, aesthetics, creativity, user empathy, detail-oriented personality, and passion for new technology and music. He/she also needs to maintain involvement in product development cycle from concept to production. We are looking for an Industrial Designer who can dedicate her/his life to heightening industrial design senses and skills, while reaching out to collaborate and integrate with other disciplines like engineering, marketing, and sales.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Explore a wide variety of compelling design options and new product ideas.
- Collaborate with product team and engineers to translate project goals into relevant design solutions.
- Effectively communicate concepts through verbal, visual and written means.
- Create or update ID concepts, 3D data, print artwork, CMF specification for each project
- Create rough mock-ups and involve in 3D print and cosmetically indicative prototype file preparation
- Follow though and try to keep design intent/integrity to mass manufacturing
- Manage multiple design tasks and projects daily
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design from an accredited design institution.
- 0~2 years design experience, preferably in corporate in-house design center.
- MUST present a link to an outstanding online portfolio that demonstrates below requirements
- Experience in entire cycle of concept to production in consumer electronic product development is a huge plus.
- High proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, SolidWorks, Keyshot, and MS Office
- Strong understanding in product development processes and industrial designer’s roles
- Ability to rapidly explore a wide variety of design options, including forms, colors, finishes and materials
- Strong project and time management skills, communication skills, and sense of team work
- Knowledge and understanding in a variety of materials and manufacturing methods
- Maturity and willingness to take directions and learn from other
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com and cc firstname.lastname@example.org